Judo & Jujitsu Classes Available
Meet our Instructors:
Our Instructors take great pride in providing you with a safe and friendly learning environment.
Sensei Josh Hagen
- Head Coach/Competition Coach
- Josh competed both nationally and internationally. He took 5th place at the Senior Canadian National Judo Championships and Silver Medal at the Benito Juarez International Championships in Mexico City.
- He lived and trained in Montreal at the Shidokan (Canadian Olympic Training Centre) for 2 years. Josh trained under Nicolas Gil, Sergio Pessoa and Hiroshi Nakamura. He lived and trained in Glenville, New York at the JMJC (US National Training Centre) for a year and trained with Jason Morris, four time Judo Olympian and 2008 Olympic Silver Medalist.
Sensei Victoria Brezgin
- Victoria is a Master of Sports in Judo and wrestling, an International Master of Sports in Sambo and is a certified Level 2 NCCP Judo Coach. She is a third dan black belt, a six-time National Champion and a member of the Ukrainian National team. She won numerous awards at European tournaments including 1st place at 1994 Sambo Team World Cup and 3rd place at 1998 Judo World Cup.
Sensei Keiko Miyazaki
Keiko is a third Dan Black Belt who has been practicing judo for over 40 years. Trained in Kodokan in Japan, she is a Bronze medalist in the All-Japan Championships. She was instrumental in introducing judo in Iran, teaching women exclusively in the country for 3 years during the 1980s.
Keiko is a licensed Kenbiki Therapist (jujutsu medicine) and a Registered Psychologist and junior high/high school teacher in Japan. She is committed to sharing the same traditional techniques to you that she learned from teachers who trained directly under Jigoro Kano, the founder of judo.
- Sensei Brent Uemura
- Brent is a third dan black belt and is both an experienced martial arts Instructor and competitor. He has competed in the Canadian National Judo Championships as well as in the World Junior Judo Championships. His father is 8th Dan, judo icon Sensei Goki Uemura.
Senpai Keni Kim
- Assistant Instructor
- Ken has studied and competed Judo and Jiu-Jitsu in both Korea and Canada. He has more than 20 years of martial arts training experience. Ken is a great addition to our team.